Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New Eyes

Good Morning.
A beautiful friend of mine gave me the devotional book, Jesus Calling, a couple of months ago.  I was thankful to receive it and it was very sweet of her to gift it to me, but I had my own thoughts on it actually.  Jesus Calling?  Why is this devotional so popular?  Why is everybody talking about it?  How can someone write from the perspective of God and apply it to everybody?  I'm not reading that. 
Well, I started reading it and you know, it's been pretty amazing how relevant this book has been.  Just this past Sunday some friends and I went running together and then we read the devotional from this book for the date and the conversations we just shared and other themes, connected with that days' devotional!  How interesting/intriguing is that?  I think I'm a changed person.  I don't know if I'll go public with this yet, but I'm actually really enjoying this book, Jesus Calling. ;)
Like today, I wanted there to be more for me to read.  Today is June 18th.  Here are some captivating words:
          If you trust that My plans are to prosper you and not to harm you, you can relax and enjoy the present moment.
Well, when you put it like that!  If I did trust The Lord and His Word, then yes, it says that He has good plans for me.  So why do I not stand on these promises?  
Which brings me to a rather huge problem: I need new eyes.
Sounds messy.  I'm rather serious, though.  When I read the Scriptures, it hardly does anything to me, I don't understand it, I don't believe it, I don't recognize how it pertains to me and that this, these words and promises that are believed to be from God are everything.
I need this prayer from Ephesians for me.  I need new eyes like someone reading the Word of God for the first, desperate time; Ephesians 1:3-8 (I need to feel excitement about this) & Ephesians 1:18-...on.
Kyla-Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment