Sunday, July 7, 2013

Intro to Healing

It would be most helpful for readers of this post, if I were to explain more as to where I'm coming from with this new interest of praying for healing.  Or rather,  it would bring me more peace of mind to give more background unto this notion.  However, I really just want to document these early stages and happenings, and perhaps I'll go back to the very beginning another time.
Last night, my friend and I went on a walk with my family's two dogs.  We walked about a mile to where this public lake was with a bike path around it and is a rather popular spot for families and individuals to go. 
Friend and I began walking around.  I learned that Friend is rather un-afraid/un-cautious of anything.  We have a short interaction with what looks like two highschool gentlemen.  As we turn away to leave, Friend exclaims, "We should've prayed for them!"  I'm surprised at her idea, as my natural instinct, and what I thought every other female my age would do, is to avoid gentlemen our age especially.  It's a judgmental/pride thing I have going on-let's face it.  Then again, Friend doesn't seem to have my issues. 
Friend and I keep walking.  We pass an older gentleman who walks with a cane and has a stiff leg.  I nudge Friend, "Look!  What do you think; Should we pray for him and his leg?"  Boom, baby.  With two rather large dogs, Friend and I turn around and approach the gentleman.  He is friendly and has a sweet smile.  We ask if we could pray for healing of his leg.  He says, "Oh no, it's okay.  It's permanent; I'm fine."  My healing prayers get confuzzled, "Does God heal permanent fixtures?  Does He/would He do big, big stuff like that?"  I don't know.
We did find out his name is Charlie and that he has had a fake leg since the age of ten, when it got caught or shoved under a bus.  He said we could take his name and pray for him.  God bless you, Charlie!!
Friend and I move on.  Several minutes later, we notice a young lady running/scooting around the lake path and she is approaching us.  Friend and I look at each other and try to process this.  The young woman continues and then passes us, all the while she runs with her right foot twisted/turned in a funny way that makes her running rythym odd and eye-catching.  I notice from behind her that her whole body looks tight- I don't know what musculoskeletal disease this is; I should, but I don't.  She is jogging/scooting at a pace in which Friend and I could walk a little faster and keep up with her.  I hold dogs' leashes and Friend walks ahead to talk with her. 
All in all, the young woman's name is Michelle.  She has tendinitis in her right foot and she told us she was supposed to  have surgery to fix it, but she didn't have that kind of money.  Friend says, "Jesus is the Great Physician."  Michelle lets Friend, and me standing on the side with two doggies, bow our heads and pray for her.  Way to go, Friend!  Thank You, God, for this opportunity, for Michelle, and healing power!!
Michelle eventually (after petting the dogs and chatting with us more) walked away with yet a twist in her foot.  However, this was a really awesome experience- the first of many, many, I do hope and it would be a privilege.
As we were petting dogs, big red dog had tick on him.  We began our walk home then.
With Love,
Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment