Monday, July 15, 2013

Gospel

gos·pel (thank you, Google)

/ˈgäspəl/
Noun
  1. The teaching or revelation of Christ.
  2. A thing that is absolutely true. 
  3.  
  4. This is interesting.  Yesterday, a delightful Pastor spoke at my church and the Scripture that she spoke on came from Acts, chapter 8.  Verse 4 says, "Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word.  Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed to them the Christ."  & Then also in verse 25, "Now when they had testified and spoken the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans."
  5. I mean, "preaching the word/gospel" comes up a good amount in The Bible, am I right?  I've heard before that "The Gospel" means "The Good News".  I want to know, what did people say when they told someone the Gospel?  
  6. I need to go to Bible school.  I'm half kidding.  I've felt this way for a long time, but it seems impractical.  I don't understand The Bible and I desire to (one is not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, but I don't know another way).  I want to know how it went about when it says in the Bible, "...and he/she told him about Jesus!" or "...they proclaimed the good news."  What does this news entail?
  7. There lived a man, Jesus, who was man in flesh, but was the Son of God.  He was God, in a human body in order to live with us, teach us, and then to die for us.  By Jesus being crucified, willingly might I add, His death is the atonement for all of humanities' sins.  Whoever believes in Jesus and professes the name of Jesus on his lips, will live forever.  He is all mankind's Savior.  It is through Jesus that we, people, are made right in God's eyes because God is so good, we need something to take away our sin.
  8. How'd I do?  :)  I believe what I just wrote.  Is this all of the Gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment