Thursday, December 29, 2011

You is kind, you is smart, you is important.

So I've kind of developed an angst toward movies:

angst/aNG(k)st/

Noun:
  1. A feeling of deep anxiety or dread, typically an unfocused one about the human condition or the state of the world in general.
  2. A feeling of persistent worry about something trivial.
I believe this is an accurate description of the emotion I feel towards movies.  If I do watch them and am not worrying about annoying my fellow watchees, I can't help but yell at, talk to, cry for, etc. the characters in the movie.  I sometimes get so wrapped up in them, that it feels like my heart is ripped cut into strips with scissors...slowly.  Seriously (kind of-that's a HUGE ouch). 
My parents are familiar with my suspicion of movies.  I came home one day to the advice of them telling me, "Oh Ky, I think you're really going to like this movie!  I really think you are going to like it."  It was the movie, Tristin and Isolde.  Heart...breaker.  Oh my lanta, at several points the actions of the characters could have been adjusted so so much awfulness didn't have to happen!!  But no.  Tristin and Isolde broke my heart with its story.
It may have been several months later when my parents brought me their line again.  "Kyla, this is a movie you'll like.  You'll like this one!"  They may have even thrown in the line, "Trust me."  So I stumbled into the family room.  This movie was, Sommersby.  Heart...breaker.
Anyways, I decided that, well, I actually do like some movies.  And even though my heart painfully shatters when I watch movies like Tristin and Isolde or Sommersby, these are movies I truly enjoy.  Ha!  Now I've also recently watched the movies, Fried Green Tomatoes and The Help.  And both of these are great movies, too!  Maybe I kind of like it when my heart gets squished around.  And Mae Mobley, the little girl in The Help, is a button!  (Funny expression, isn't it?)

 http://momof6.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Aibileen-with-Mae-Mobley.png

So, anywho, these are my "2 cents" regarding movies.  My computer screen looks like a wreck right now.  Many many windows up because I'm trying to make everything a priority, I suppose.  Hope to write again soon.  :-) 
Sincerely,
Miss Rae

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw7yif5LOE1r1x8rho1_500.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment