Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chapter 43

You're so right.  This is a baking blog, not necessarily a venting/writing blog.  True, but I'm not stopping myself.

I believe I have mentioned before that I am attracted to the Biblical book, Isaiah.  I opened up to it today and landed on Chapter 43.  It is so delicious that I would like to write the whole chapter out, but I don't think it would be the same.  The more I read the Bible, the more it fascinates me- I just wish I understood it better.  You know, the culture of the times and the symbolism and the literal language translations.  Sometimes I am shocked by what I read in the Bible because of how forward it is.   (Okay, Israel blatantly gets special attention- no secret in this, but why?  Just wondering...)
In verse 4 of chapter 43, the LORD comes right out and says, "Others died that you might live.  I traded their lives for yours because you are precious to me.  You are honored, and I love you."  God says straightforward that He loves them!



Now, what does love mean?  I have heard looked at the following websites to know more:
There should be a class about love in the Bible...there really should.  There is so much talk of it and has various forms!!


The next chapter of 44 looks really cool, too.  The chapter states that there is no other God.  Now this is interesting because I've heard the suggestion that all religions praise the same God, but just call Him a different name or recognize Him in various ways; many different Gods of nature or actions (Hindu or Wicca or Greek/Roman Gods) or they might call Him, Allah.  Could it be that all of these religions and more recognize and see the same God, but call on Him in different ways?  (http://www.interfaith.org/forum/one-god-with-many-names-3078.html)

"Do not tremble; do not be afraid.  Have I not proclaimed from ages past what my purposes are for you?  You are my witnesses- is there any other God?  No!  There is not other Rock- not one!"  Isaiah 44:8

What do you think?  I don't want to get this wrong.
Miss Rae :*

No comments:

Post a Comment