Sunday, July 3, 2011

Slime down my Leg

My puppies bring me joy.  All day today I identified with Psalm 42.  I felt downcast.  And it was just now when my puppies came in and gobbled in water, licked my legs and I felt their slime and water drip from their mouths that I felt some weight lifted from the clouds within me.  There is this book that I am upset that I forget the name of- it's about how this daughter tastes how her mother was feeling when the mother was cooking the food.  It sounded really interesting and I think about that concept often.  "Can you taste how I was feeling when I baked this?"









The cupcakes turned out tasting pretty AUTHENTICALLY DELICIOUS, if I were asked.  I had one that wasn't quite cooked all the way through when they came out of the oven...oh it was delicious not cooked all the way...
And filling cupcakes is way fun and not difficult!
Frosting, pre-made and with emphasis, homemade, is a terrifying element.  I find it unpredictable and insecure.  Humph.
Greek yogurt worked as a fine alternative to sour cream in these cupcakes.
The pans were filled 3/4 of the way for good reason.  ;)

I am tired.  And thankful.  Bon nuit.
http://youtu.be/sAhdmfcVK9s  (this is my favorite David Crowder Band song)

"But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life."  Psalm 42:8


You are my joy, You have every reason to be my every joy,
Miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment