Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Signs, but not the movie, "Signs"

Please excuse my cheesy blog title.  I'm just trying to be witty!  And it doesn't come naturally, you see. ;-)

I have to write this down!  Today, Wednesday, I was buying ingredients for two recipes at the grocery store.  In the check-out line, I was reviewing my list of ingredients.  The following is important: On the back of the page, on the bottom, in the center was a quote from Donald Miller.  It reads:
"We get one story, you and I, and one story alone.  God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and resolution.  It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it?"

Guys!  This is fascinating.  This quote relates to the message I have heard Donald Miller speak which is that of choosing to live life fully; God gave us freedom and specific interests and talents and He is praised when we go after them!  I read this quote, on my innocent, unintentional grocery-list piece of paper, and my mouth opened wide...God!!!  This is Your encouragement for me to go to the Honor Academy!  Isn't it?!  So now, God, we just need my parents on board because You've confirmed it, yeah?!  (Spoken still with question.  You know, I still don't know...is that lamo?  Is this a severe case of Honor Academy confirmation?)

Anyways, I wanted a documentation of this potential route-confirming moment.  Btw, Axis (iamaxis.org) had a really good speaker speak tonight.  His name is Josh Riebock.  His message will be on that site for anyone to listen to.  Seriously- I see Axis as a group of imperfect 18-20somethings who seek to be genuine and helpful in the pursuit of knowing Christ on Earth.  I recommend checking the place out:
               67 East Algonquin Rd, South Barrington, IL, 60010. Park in parking lot F and walk right in. The activity center is immediately on your left.



To God be the Glory!,
Miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment