Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Starting Over

Spring feels like a good time to start over.  It's a time where birth, or re-birth, is encouraged.  I'm looking out the window now and see the sunshine, though I know the air is still crisp and chilly.  We have a set of black chimes in our backyard and the sound of it is nice.  It's not constant, not expected in a certain matter, but instead it literally just "goes with the flow" and makes tings and tangs with the beat of the wind...
I wasn't intending on going on a tangent with that.  No.  The idea of rebirth did spring forth (haha, get it?) when I opened this big Bible we have in our kitchen.  This Bible was a gift to my mother and her first husband when they got married.  I opened it to Psalms and it was chapter 23; how the Lord is our good shepherd.
I pause.  I'm thinking.  I've realized, or I've known this for awhile, but that I don't believe--the Bible.  I don't believe it to be personal.  I don't believe it to be for me.  But if it were, it sounds really good.  Here:

Pslams 25:
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul;
in you I trust, O my god.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.

Show me your ways, O Lord,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love,
for they are form of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me,
for you are good, O Lord.

 Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right
and teaches them his way. 
All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
for those who keep the demands of his covenant.
For the sake of your name, O Lord,
forgive my iniquity, though it is great.
Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord?

The chapter goes on.  Chapters 23-27 are all real...cool.  :-)  I just want to believe them.
On a whole 'nother note.  I'm sick at the moment and therefore I have made the following decisions:
DoTerra oils (essential oils), I think, really help! 
JuicePlus--I will take JuicePlus more diligently!
Tea...I should take a break from coffee.  Yeah, definitely.
 
Psalm 25:1  To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God.
Love...Kyla
http://dwellingintheword.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/210-psalms-25-and-26/

No comments:

Post a Comment