Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Always" Kristian Stanfill

"Die to Self"  Say what?  What does that even mean?  I've heard this a number of times and while I think I do know what it means, I don't know how I do it.  As a follow of Jesus Christ, I am to give up my own wants, in order to focus on and serve others.  I heard on Moody Radio (90.1fm AND I still find "Moody" to be a funny name for a Bible school/any school that isn't related to Harry Potter and Hogwart's teaching staff), that (ok, this is totally parathizing...para-paraphrasing!) to think of something we want the most, think of that and then choose to put it aside.  Zut, I need to find the actual teaching message or something because I don't want to lead anyone astray now.  However-

Side comment: You know what stinks/is great?!!?  God is NOT in a hurry- He's not!  And you know, this aspect conflicts with God and my relationship.  I need to get over myself.  I keep tripping....




I thought of something that I've been attracted to for as LONGG as I can remember.  Beauty.  I can go on and on about this, but in order to get to my point, I'm just saying as me, I desire to be beautiful (perhaps the book, Captivating, can back me up here) and I thought of that.  And how it feels refreshing to not think about that and to be focused on more.

http://www.willowcreek.org/mediaplayer/playerHome.aspx?cid=3&id=14  -> HEY!  This is the sermon spoken for Mother's Day 2011.  It's a really interesting and uplifting message spoken by John Ortberg at Willow Creek Community Church (South Barrington campus).  I'm listening to it as I bake Triple Chocolate Cookies
from the baking blog, "For the Love of Cooking."

Updates on baking coming up!
Kisses :*,
Miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment