Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I apologize; a recipe blog will have to wait as I do not have the energy to invest in one this week.  This week is work.  And I'm out of shape and it makes me tired.  :/

For some reason, I don't feel like God hears me when I pray inside my head...or it doesn't count if I just read the Bible quietly.  However if I were to hear someone else say that, I would willingly tell them that that is not true!  God hears you always.  Nevertheless, I am typing my thoughts and prayers out before work today...                            
           Isaiah 8:11-13, "The Lord has said to me in the strongest terms: "Do not think like everyone else does.  Do not be afraid that some plealn conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you.  Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty.  He alone is the Holy One.  If you fear him, you need fear nothing else."

I read this yesterday and after reading it over a couple of times, I realized that I didn't believe it.  That's why I feel so anxious, so lost in life's shuffle.  "God, You see me, right?  Remember this promise that's written in Isaiah?  Yeah, so it's not written specifically to me, but may I take it and apply it to me?"  That's what I ask God.  God, that's what I'm asking you.

Lord, You are more incredible than I can imagine and I like that sentence a lot.  Lord, You are more incredulous, more shocking and amazing and awesome than I can think of- this may be the wisest thing I have ever proclaimed.  :)  You are SO right, so different and purely JUST, yet I have my own agenda.  My heart yearns for reasons You know and I want jump up and down and feel you pinky-promise that Yes, Ky, the desires of your heart are coming soon.  But even if You were to say that to me, God, Your "soon" and my "soon" are quite different.  Very different.

The BEST thing that I can think of to pray now then is that God, would You PLEASE change my heart to match YOUR desires?  Cuz then we'd be on the same page and I'd really be on Your team, and most of the time I ask for things I don't really want.  Lord, Precious & Beautiful God, please change my heart to match Yours.  May I ache for what you ache for and want what You want.  Ok...so am I changed?...

Yeesh!  I'm so impatient!

Memorized Verses or Verses in Memorization Process:
1 Timothy 4:7-9
Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives' tales.  Spend your time and energy on training yourself for spiritual fitness.  Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important for it promises a reward in both this life and the next.  This is true and everyone should accept it.

Isaiah 40:30 (awesome chapter!)
Even youth grow tired and weary, but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength!  (Remember the Titans version...*)

Psalm 139- Got to go to work!  xoxox
Kisses :*,
Miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment