Monday, June 6, 2011

"Good Morning, Beautiful" (Joe Nichols)

Good Morning!  So I don't have all that much time, but I know I could type a lot.  So I'll start with why I wanted to blog in the first place: typing helps me digest things.  I mean digest thoughts, but I did just eat breakfast so this is good before I take my sweet dogs out.  (Again, I'm liking them a lot. :] )

I've read parts of the Bible for awhile.  "Awhile" meaning I've been reading it on my own really  since my friend encouraged me to do so my first year of college and then before that, I grew up going to church and hearing verses, etc.  My point is that I've heard some of the suggestions and wise sayings the Bible has- and yes I've thought they should be applied...but I've noticed something, like concrete.

The book of Proverbs talks a lot about a nagging wife and how awful it is.  It says in Proverbs 5:3-4 (the whole chapter is pretty straight-forward and interesting, I find), "The lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil.  But the result is as bitter as poison, sharp as a double-edged sword."

Yeah, okay, so essentially, "Liking really hot girls is bad for guys (and vice versa) because all you think about is them because they're so hot.  Their touch, their smile- the attention they give you is bad.  Liking girls (and hot guys) is just bad- okay, Proverbs, got it."  That's how all the verses in the Bible about wrong women might come across to someone.  But guys...I've seen it in real life, but not just to stay away from really good-looking people.  ;)  And therefore, lately, I'm thinking maybe the Bible really should be taken seriously/literally...

Married people.  I'm witnessing a marriage that didn't start out so well.  Attracted by each other's good looks and excitement outside of the two individuals' other marriages, they "fell" for one another.  Now married with a family- it hasn't been easy.  I share this because it's recently been revealed to me that the difficult present situation and marriage is a result of the past choices; just like the advice in the Bible said!

I don't know if this creates as much thought for you as it does for me, but now that I see some of the advice and warnings in Proverbs actually result, I know am intrigued, "Wait...so the Bible is like, for real life?"  I wrote it funny, but that's pretty accurate what my thoughts are like.  ;)

So I didn't read much, but this morning I read in Isaiah (dreamy sigh for the book of Isaiah) 8:19 (perhaps the verse previous to this should be looked into...), "So why are you trying to find out the future by consulting mediums and psychics?  (Ah!  Though psychics seem appealing...)  Do not listen to their whisperings and mutterings.  (And this is exactly what I think speaking to sculptures would be like, "I think it said something!  Did you hear that...the sculpture either said he wants a root beer float...or he wants us to check the back of his clay throat...") Can the living find out the future from the dead?  Why not ask you God? (!)"

Hey, so below are the pictures of my version of scones from Alice's blog, Sweet Savory Life (http://savorysweetlife.com/2011/05/blackberry-honey-wheat-cream-scones/)
As you can see, I have some work to do.  But they turned out tasting really good!  I'll have to practice my scones and I'm more than willing to try this recipe again!  :)  My next recipe should be something less "bread-y", you know?  Hmm... anyways, I hope the pictures are entertaining and I'm off to camp for a week.  Bye!
Kisses :*,
Miss Rae











 

My issues: I mistook wax paper for parchment paper (again...)!  And I think I just need practice...
More hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment