Sunday, June 5, 2011

Isaiah

Since I've been home from school this summer, I haven't been very talkative with God. Now, writing that out, feels so strange. I don't think anyone wants to sound cliche'- especially with religious stuff.

Pause. My uber good friend just called me. This man she has been talking to/hanging out with asked her father, if he could date her. Father said yes. Friend said yes to him. Her sisters like him. He is good to her and I feel wonderful for her. This beautiful friend of mine is a blessing from Heaven quite literally. We were roommates in college our 2nd semester, kind of involuntary & voluntary. I wasn't a huge fan of what I knew of her and so when the option came to room with her, I couldn't say no because that would be mean, but I wasn't too excited about it. It's funny though- we became what people call "best friends". It's fun and funny and beautiful. Anyways, this friend attracts boys/men. ;) And this one sounds pretty good. Let's be honest, though: all new beaus sounds good in the beginning, though. But...I'm happy for her happiness.

Isaiah, again. I like this book in the Bible. It's big and sturdy and to me, it attracts me because I think this specific book has gold glitter in its words and its name. I don't know, there's something about it. This relates to me saying that I haven't been too talkative with God since I've been home from school. Last night, my sis and I went to the wonderful church we've gone to since we were children. I was reminded during worship that I need to worship God, regardless of how I'm feeling. I related it to working out. Even when I don't feel like it or I'm in a rut with going through the motions of exercising- it's really good to just "go through the motions" anyways because I'll get my zeal again. Instead of literally "sitting it out", by exercising when I don't feel like it will keep me in a healthy shape so I don't have to start all over again when I want to be fit and work out again. Do I make sense?

So I need to praise God when I don't feel like it because it'll keep me from having to start from scratch again in my faith when I get zealous about God again. Also, whoever God is and whether I agree with Him or not, He's God, right? So miss little me, though I may have a big attitude, is nothing to this more-than-I-know God.

Isaiah 8:11-14, "The Lord has said to me in the strongest terms: "Do not think like everyone else does. (Kyla, don't have fear or anxiety like those around you do. And that you so easily take on as well.) Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you. (Ky, don't think I'm out to get you. I'm on your side.) Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear him, you need fear nothing else. He will keep you safe. (Stick with me, Kyla Rae. Keep your eyes on me, fear me if you will fear anything else. I. got. you.)

Thanks God. Thanks Dad- Daddy.

I feel wrong interpreting the Bible on my own. After the above words in the Bible, there is reference to Israel and Judah and Jerusalem so I quickly conclude that I have no right to interpret those words above to be speaking to and comforting me. But the Christian role models around me have done it. And I need something. So I do/ did it.

Like the message my sister and I heard last night by Pastor Bill Hybels, "Who's on your mind?" I want people to be on my mind- like Jesus had people on his too!) mind. So I'll try to untangle myself from acting like a Christian and always feeling loving to lower my eyes and lift up my hands and walk in the path of Jesus...like a little girl in a pink dress and a silk bow, I yell at my Daddy up there, "Daddy, I want to think about people, too!" 

*Btw...I made Alice's (http://savorysweetlife.com/2011/05/blackberry-honey-wheat-cream-scones/) Blackberry Honey Wheat Cream Scones like I had wanted to!!! I should update with that soon. :) I intend to. (Ah, intentions....)

Kisses :*,
Miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment