Friday, June 17, 2011

Dude.

Dude.  I really need to do another recipe blog if I'm going to be a cook/baker!  Yeah!!
Nevertheless, I have other things to type about.  One being, as a nail picker/biter, some of my nails don't look too shabby, which makes me wonder if I want to work uber hard at growing them out- and then I just bit my nail.  Long nails are over-rated, for me anyway.

My cousin is engaged.  My only boy cousin on my mother's side.  Awww :)  He is engaged to the young woman who he has dated for- 6 years?  She's a real sweetheart and I think she is a lovely contribution to the family.  My sister will be engaged soon.  I heard after this weekend.  But it's ok to put that here because this blog isn't checked by her...or by many others ;)  but shhh....haha!  I do look forward to the reality of her and her beau being engaged, though.  I look forward to him and her putting a ring on it and I would have a brother-in-law!!!  :D

I deleted my facebook account for like, the 5th time.  I do not want my facebook, but I log on so I can watch people (bah!  watch said boy.)  And I go on facebook for attention, too.  See?  It's not a tool for God, it's not helpful, it's not a good thing, thus I should not have one.  (More long nail has been picked.)

[AHEM.  Update from about a week after this post:  I re-activated my facebook account... ]


Before I forget, there are 2 songs I would like to share with you.  Below are the links of them on YouTube.  The songs are "Wait For Me" by Rebecca St. James and "Everything" by Tim Hughes.
To be honest, I've been feeling negative and strained.  To be honest, I'm making this boy a big deal.  And to be honest, I don't know what to do- I mean, honestly.  I do feel that it is pushing and pulling on my honesty, love, and service for Jesus Christ.  I wrote the word, love.  I suppose that's another blog, another topic.  But I desire to be careful with that word.  I ask God, that if this boy plus I would serve You, bring You glory, then he would find me and it would be good.  If not, I pray that this strain and discomfort would only make me stronger in my faith.  Good is desired to come out of everything.  Lord God, I give you my hurt, my hopes, my life.  And I will move on with my discomfort, but not necessarily forget it because it's real.  And as Jennifer Strickland writes, "Fake is ugly.  Real is beautiful."

I want to make a "Grateful" list because I have felt negative lately.
I'm Grateful for many things:
  • this laptop and my opportunity to search and learn about and experience many roads because of it
  • for music, for fellow Christians making and singing music and sharing it
  • for my job- though I complain about it, it is an enormous blessing- I need to appreciate it more!
  • my parents!
  • my sisters!
  • their safety and happiness!
  • shelter and food, warmth and cool air
  • Christ's forgiveness, grace, and LOVE (with God, love can/should be used openly!)
  • Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,...

Kisses :*,
Miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment